It has been strange for me even – who used to curse the Government and the system for one reason or the other almost every day – that I haven’t been able to write a hate/love, abusive post about Politics or its many different actors for that matter! But there is a reason for it. And its simple: I am bored of it. Shocked? You Shouldn’t be!
Any one who follows Pakistani Politics should know that no where else does the hypothesis “History repeats itself” is more apparent then here. Almost every month the same accusation, the same drama goes on to be repeated in the Capital as well as our media.Lets take it step by step then, shall we?
- Your ordinary week would start from a bomb blast. If more than 10 people died, it might get more importance, otherwise it would simply be a bottom line news.
- The governments negligence to stop these attacks is raised up by the likes of Kamran Khan.
- The negligence is then blamed on Zardari, resulting in
- A couple of know-it-all (read Imran Khan, Sheikh Rashid) sitting on every other talk show and saying that its all because of our lack of efforts to resolve the Swiss Cases,
- The Judiciary gets active and issues orders and takes suo moto notices,
- Tyres are burnt to vent out the combined frustrations of no electricity and Zardari as our President,
- Only to have the weekend over, and to forget all about it as the entire city turns towards the beaches,
- Only so that a couple of individuals can drown themselves so that we can once again start the vicious blame game!
Tell me then, that how much can one cry about the same repeated events again and again!