So last week, Express Tribune published a list of things that one should do this summer.. the list was amusing to say the very least.. and sure to push you a bit more towards finally claiming bankruptcy! So here is the list.. dissected as I see it fit!
1. Read The Gospel According to Coco Chanel for musings from the grand dame of fashion.... Actually this one isn’t such a bad idea.. I mean the original book might cause me a dent .. but still.. I really do want to read this one!
2. Trail a hem: Long skirts a la maxi style are all the rage this summer according to NYT’s ‘Style Section..Done.. since I own some of them..
3. Bag it: Get yourself on the wish list for the latest bag from Mulberry, the Alexa (695 pounds). It has a 9,000 customer wait list online and is due in July. ..Ya this one is going to be causing me a major dent …. Who every suggested this should have remembered the fact that this is a time of ECONOMIC RECESSION!
4. Go indoor skiing at the Mall of the Emirates, Dubai. Because let’s face it, you can…..Another major dent .. we are on number 4 and already I have a 5 figure dent!
5. Learn an instrument….Ok this one I can do.. Only if i commit to stop being a couch potato! 6. If in Abu Dhabi be sure to catch a performance of Michael Flatley, Lord of the Dance between June 23- 25. Tickets will sell out quickly so go online to book in advance Abu Dhabi? No i will not be in Abu Dhabi.. Just because the SA…If inTC2 crowd can manage to go their in the movie with their GF’s doesnt mean you put it in the TO-DO-LIST for the masses..
7. Watch Sex and the City 2 even though you know it’ll be rubbish and you’ll hate it. Make it a girlie party complete with non-alcoholic ‘tinis of some kind. And pray that this really is the end of Carrie and all on the Big (pun intended) screen….I plan to watch it 🙂 Continue reading